Discuss Direct cylinder thermostat tripping in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,
Have a direct cylinder feeding a pumped shower and a basin in a bathroom. The existing cylinder was running dry to quickly and it's never been enough to fill a bath properly so installed a 200ltr cylinder along with more stored water in the loft. It's basically exactly the same as before only bigger. Problem is now that the new immersion. (got a new bigger one to fit cylinder an heat all the water) keeps tripping out.
Cylinder has:
- same 22 feed as before
- same Surrey flange ( had to buy 1inch to 1inch quarter bush to fit)
- same power feed.

Direct cylinder is so
Simple!why's it not working?!

Either a loose connection, incorrectly wired or the new immersion is faulty. Get a sparky in to test for you.

Could be faulty MCB - had that problem earlier this year (after having tried by changing immersion element and stat).

Morethan likely a faulty stat, if not it's the overheat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Direct cylinder thermostat tripping in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a hot water cylinder which feeds 3 outlets (kitchen sink, basin in bathroom & bathtap) which has never had very good pressure (probably...
Replies
Views
S
Hi All I had an unvented cylinder fitted about 6 years ago. It only supplies hot water to my shower. I was hoping for a much better flow rate from...
Replies
Views
Steveo111
S
J
Hello, hoping someone can advise me. My boiler stopped working - no hot water or central heating. Called out a company who came and assessed the...
Replies
Views
I have just had a new boiler and 210 ltr unvented tank fitted in the loft to replace a very old Baxi back boiler. I have now fitted a Solic 200...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m having issues with cold water to multiple outlets. Taps, showers, toilets cold water is fine at the kitchen sink. The hot water system is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock