Discuss DIY toilet repair - in need of brownie points from the Mrs.. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jimcroisdale

Hi all,

Toilet is leaking when flushed from the toilet to cistern seal and its my job to fix it tomorrow.

I'm a graphic designer.... :-/

I know its probably the big rubber seal (spud?) But I don't know what size will fit. I'll have to take it to bits and then take the old seal to the plumbers merchants and stand at the counter like a Muppet.

I'm on my mobile, but if I've done it right this should be a pic of the loo in question:

pet. IMG_20161111_192729.jpg

And idea what type/size thingy I will need?

Yours in eternal thanks,

Jim

can you take a pic of the underside please as there should be a flush pipe (maybe)

spud? sounds like builder talk!

needs a foam doughnut, if you can dismantle it!!

Pardon our manners Jim, welcome to the forums mate.

spent 3 hours trying to seal one once :(

And did you seal it? Guess it looked good on somebody computer screen in the R&D department. lol

Jim, these have metal brackets that the cistern sits on to take the weight, if you see the brackets under the cistern then warn her indoors that it may not be a 1/2hr job mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to DIY toilet repair - in need of brownie points from the Mrs.. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A
Hi, I have recently been to a customers property who has been having a problem with a leak from a flush pipe. The customer had removed the rubber...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, this is probably a really basic thing, but I'm a complete novice. Have connected a wall hung toilet to a Grohe rapid frame system. I'm...
Replies
Views
R
Hi Everyone, I dread needing the toilet because of this problem! The cistern isn't filling up, the water just runs straight through into the...
Replies
Views
johnmcginty
J
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock