Discuss Drill bits for tiles recommendations? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi everyone,

What decent drill bits can anyone recommend for going through tiles?

If there's any sets with hole cutters in that would be even better.

Thanks.

Can't fault the Bosch multi cons for 6 and 7mm holes, I'm yet to find a tile they won't go through. Depending on tile density I'll get 3 to 8 holes out of a drill bit in porcelain and ceramics you won't have an issue.
If your wanting 14mm and upward then the erbaurer diamond bits from screwfix are brilliant. Bit pricey but they do last. Just keep them cool by wetting them, same with the Bosch bits.

Use a carbide-tipped masonry bit; regular twist-drill bits can't cut through the fire-hardened glaze. You'll also need to keep the bit from slipping off the glossy surface.

Reply to Drill bits for tiles recommendations? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

F
  • Question
I am tiling a shower wall and need to drill holes for 15mm pipes that will go to a thermostatic valve, what size of drill bit for the holes is best?
Replies
Views
hi all i need some help and advice i am tiling around 2 shower pipe fittings. as the measurements were intricate i was practicing on off cuts...
Replies
Views
Hi Floor in wet room is changing from vinyl flooring to tiles, floor will rise by about 13mm (tile and adhesive). The current drainage is 110mm...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Back