Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss ideal drill bit size for 15mm pipes in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

F

Frank13

I am tiling a shower wall and need to drill holes for 15mm pipes that will go to a thermostatic valve, what size of drill bit for the holes is best?

Depends on how spot on with your measurements you are 16mm but most use a 18-20mm

16mm?! Hope you're all doing your own second fix.

There really is no excuse to tile it so tight when easy fix kit cover plates are 65mm and the talon pipe shrouds are 55mm. There's nothing worse than having to chip the tiles out because the tiler moved the pipe to fit his hole that has zero tolerance and in the incorrect spot

Also a 16mm hole won't go over a soldered cap end

16mm?! Hope you're all doing your own second fix.

There really is no excuse to tile it so tight when easy fix kit cover plates are 65mm and the talon pipe shrouds are 55mm. There's nothing worse than having to chip the tiles out because the tiler moved the pipe to fit his hole that has zero tolerance and in the incorrect spot

Also a 16mm hole won't go over a soldered cap end
No actually a cowboy builder tiled my daughters wall and left the radiator pipes hidden in the stud wall. I had to cut the board from the other side to find the pipes and drill the tiles to mount the radiator as he boxed everything in and no sign of the pipes.
Regards,
Dave

While I generally agree with your comment, I would say that having half a tile missing and a hole all around the pipe you can stick your finger through and having to patch in a new tile is also pretty bad. lol

Reply to ideal drill bit size for 15mm pipes in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

D
Pipes for thermostat shower have been fitted at different heights. Any way of rectifying without ripping all tiles. So for clarity 15mm pipes...
Replies
Views
Hello guys, an easy one: I recently had to drill through two outside walls to run 15mm pipes for a shower and sink. The holes are neat enough but...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
I recently had a plumber come over to look at a badly leaking shower head. As best I can recall, he described the problem as a crack in the bridge...
Replies
Views
hi all i need some help and advice i am tiling around 2 shower pipe fittings. as the measurements were intricate i was practicing on off cuts...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock