Search the forum,

Discuss electrical connections problem time switch not wired in? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

OGBUzzard

hi everyone this boiler im working on has only got one wire going in or out. I popped open the box and there's only a power supply connection. the time switch isn't connected!? there is a wiring centre in the airing cupboard could the time switch be somehow controlling the hot water and heating through the wiring centre? I'm not great on the electrics side and I need to add a room stat but I need to work this out before I can do that. system boiler by the way with 2 port valve and cylinder. Danfoss old style timer with red and blue pegs.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1362084875960.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1362084875960.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 27
from the picture it looks like you have permanent live, neutral and earth and a switched live.
so any addition can be worked into the wiring center.
just follow the honey well wiring diagrams, free to download on the net.

thanks for the reply mate so how does the switched live control the heating and hot water triggers from the time switch? is that a stupid 1uestion? :)

I see the wire connected to terminal 3 must be the switched live so where would that connect to on the other side? the "wiring centre" is actually a plastic back box stuffed full of connector blocks looks like a bodge to me but the time switch is fully functional....

honeywell wiring guide - Google Search

www.honeywelluk.com/.../all/.../wiring%20guide%20issue%2016.pd...

study the pictures, follow what does what, not so easy with a bundle of wires rather than a properly wired wiring centre.
you will need to fit the wiring to the room stat between programmer and motorised valve, then to boiler
find where the existing connections are and link the room stat into the circuit.

Last edited:
thanks for your advice, I've looked at the wiring diagrams but none have a switched live going to the boiler, so they don't seem to apply here. I've been talking to the sparks on the job and they've explained it now so I think I've worked it out I just have to hunt through the wiring centre and find the right wires....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to electrical connections problem time switch not wired in? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I just installed second zone onto my ideal independent c35 original I had one hive thermostat now I added two two port valves ( with Bypass) and two hive thermostat V3 it wired into a wiring centre looking at the wiring on the boiler shall I put back the room stat/ timer loop back in as...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 30Si combi boiler, the analog clock has stopped and the On-Timer-Off switch only works on Timer setting,. So I have set all the little timer switches to ON and the boiler does work then. Any help or source for a new clock would be great. TIA
Replies
Views
Hi, I am trying to link a Hive heating & hot water dual channel receiver to an old Vaillant THERMOcompact VU GB 242/1 E system boiler. It has an internal programmer that is similar to a time switch 120 (plug in seven day programmer) This programmer is connect to a terminal strip using 345 (three...
Replies
Views
D
Hi all, i moved recently in new home and realised that there is no room external thermostat wired to the Ideal Combi boiler. There is only mechanical timer on it. I saw some videos on Internet that mechanical timer can be replaced with electrical one but i am not sure if it is compatible with...
Replies
Views
Dobsuk
D
When I set it to be on via phone, light A comes on (telling it to be on), but light B won’t come on, so the boiler doesn’t start. I either need to set A on and off several times via phone, or turn it off and on again via switch (C). When I set the water to be on, it works instead, and green...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock