Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss electrical connections problem time switch not wired in? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

OGBUzzard

hi everyone this boiler im working on has only got one wire going in or out. I popped open the box and there's only a power supply connection. the time switch isn't connected!? there is a wiring centre in the airing cupboard could the time switch be somehow controlling the hot water and heating through the wiring centre? I'm not great on the electrics side and I need to add a room stat but I need to work this out before I can do that. system boiler by the way with 2 port valve and cylinder. Danfoss old style timer with red and blue pegs.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1362084875960.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1362084875960.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 27
from the picture it looks like you have permanent live, neutral and earth and a switched live.
so any addition can be worked into the wiring center.
just follow the honey well wiring diagrams, free to download on the net.

thanks for the reply mate so how does the switched live control the heating and hot water triggers from the time switch? is that a stupid 1uestion? :)

I see the wire connected to terminal 3 must be the switched live so where would that connect to on the other side? the "wiring centre" is actually a plastic back box stuffed full of connector blocks looks like a bodge to me but the time switch is fully functional....

honeywell wiring guide - Google Search

www.honeywelluk.com/.../all/.../wiring%20guide%20issue%2016.pd...

study the pictures, follow what does what, not so easy with a bundle of wires rather than a properly wired wiring centre.
you will need to fit the wiring to the room stat between programmer and motorised valve, then to boiler
find where the existing connections are and link the room stat into the circuit.

Last edited:
thanks for your advice, I've looked at the wiring diagrams but none have a switched live going to the boiler, so they don't seem to apply here. I've been talking to the sparks on the job and they've explained it now so I think I've worked it out I just have to hunt through the wiring centre and find the right wires....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to electrical connections problem time switch not wired in? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock