Search the forum,

Discuss Extractor fan for shower, how to vent in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Corkplumber

Hi all, this thread is veering away from plumbing but I hope some of you will be able to help.

We have an extractor fan in the bathroom of our bungalow. It is centered above the shower tray in the ceiling but if you go into the attic above it does not have any piping or flexi off it and just vents into the attic space. This has not caused any problems yet and may not but we would prefer if it vented outside.

I was just thinking of buying some flexi and running it out to the eaves or I could run it out towards the eaves and replace a low roof tile with one made of plastic with a vent or little chimney type thing on it. The only thing wrong with this is the extractor fan might be too far away from the eaves/roof and any vapor will condense in my flexi or pipe before it gets outside.

I don't want to move the fan in the ceiling or go through my external wall. The extractor fan is about 108"/9' or 2740mm away from the roof.

What do you think is the best solution.
I have included two little rough sketches of the bathroom. It might be hard to make out but if you save it to your computer you can view it a little better. bathroom plan.jpg

rather then messing with roof tiles could you not reach the external wall

Hi,
Most axial fans will extract up to 3 m without much problem. Putting the outlet through the roof tiles at low level is a good solution IMHO as you can access it for maintenance, if the fan is an inline fan, it can be mounted on the purlin so noise is not tranmitted into the house, and the flexible 100mm ducting is not going to get in any lighting path (downlighters).
KR
J

you can get an soffit kit, just jigsaw a hole and put the fascia on and pipe.
hours job and a tenner.....sorry 10000e (just realised, there is no symbol for euro on my keyboard?).

if the sofit is not plastic or wood then seek advise as it may contain asbestos. Also use insulated ducting to avoid condensation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Extractor fan for shower, how to vent in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock