Discuss F&E tank open safety vent pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gwizzer

Hello folks

I was hoping for a few answers regarding my F&E tank.

I recently changed my F&E tank to the 4 gallon polytank.

I have inserted the open safety vent pipe into the top of this tank (can't seem to attach the pics, it keeps giving me an error.)

Is this tank supposed to have a screened breather (like the one supplied with a byelaw 30 kit?). This wasn't supplied with this tank so I haven't fitted one.

If this does need a screened breather, any idea where I can purchase one?

If it doesn't need a screened breather, does the overflow do a sufficient job in getting rid of any steam/water that may come back up the open safety vent pipe?

No water or steam does come up the open safety vent pipe but I was just wondering the above in case something ever does go wrong?

Thanks in advance chaps.

to take up the volume expansion in the system the water level would be set low.
if the expanded water comes out the overflow then the level is set to high.
the height of the expansion pipe is often to short

The f & e tank as far as I know does not need a bye law 30 kit as cwsc do, it is advisable to put some kind of cover on it to stop unwanted guests and debri entering your c/h system, the vent pipe should be 450mm at it's highest point measuring from the top of the tank to the top of the vent pipe where it bends over. Simon f covers your other enquiry

No problem and your welcome, drop a thankyou under the comments :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to F&E tank open safety vent pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I recently did some pipe insulating in my loft. The only two I didn't do were the vent pipes. Not sure if that is the right term for them...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’ve noticed my ballcock valve is always running in the loft on the small f and e tank but when heating is on its fine, also no water coming...
Replies
Views
Hi so I changed a towel radiator in bathroom from a normal radiator. I bunged the f&e tank and vent pipe , drained about a pint of water out the...
Replies
Views
J
Moved into an old house that has a vented gravity fed system (cold water tank and feed + expansion tank in the attic). I need to replace all...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Got a nightmare situation with a central heating system I recently adopted. It's an open vent system with a combined F&E pipe, with a...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock