Discuss F+E tank with no vent in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Primatic cylinder.
The term 'Primatic' is a registered trademark of IMI.
Primatic cylinders perform the function of an indirect hot water cylinder with the primary services for a domestic heating system.

Primatic cylinders only use one supply cistern but functions as an indirect, automatically performing the duties of the feed/expansion tank in the double-feed system.

The working principle is based on the buoyancy of air; this considerable natural force is used to create the seals between the primary (boiler) and secondary (domestic hot water) systems.

Consequently, there is risk of cross-contamination between the hot water discharge and the central heating system, thus the use of treatment chemicals is not recommended.

If you only have one supply cistern, or your cylinder is marked Primatic, then you should not use treatment chemicals.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
I think you may have a primatic system? Maybe?
How could it be a primatic with an expansion tank. Think about it. Google myson appollo install instructions (among others) and you will see a diagram. Btw the correct name for a primatic (which as the above post, is a trade name) is a single feed indirect.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to F+E tank with no vent in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi so I changed a towel radiator in bathroom from a normal radiator. I bunged the f&e tank and vent pipe , drained about a pint of water out the...
Replies
Views
Hi I recently did some pipe insulating in my loft. The only two I didn't do were the vent pipes. Not sure if that is the right term for them...
Replies
Views
J
Moved into an old house that has a vented gravity fed system (cold water tank and feed + expansion tank in the attic). I need to replace all...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Got a nightmare situation with a central heating system I recently adopted. It's an open vent system with a combined F&E pipe, with a...
Replies
Views
I recently took off an end stop on the vent/expansion pipe over the heating header tank. I now know why it was capped off. When the 2 way valve...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock