Discuss fitting a toilet seat bidet?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon F

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I have been asked to fit a bidet that is integral to the toilet seat.
It was all new to me, but had a look online and all seems OK.
It is a bio bidet, WRAS approved to connect to mains.
http://www.pdshygiene.com/downloads/Bio_Bidet_Manual.pdf

anyway has anyone fitted one before, any issues possible problems,
pointers on best practice etc

A heated seat?! And a wash and dry option?!! AND a remote control! I want one.

can you do a full review when its fitted please?!

Is the "feminine nozzle" below the spillover level of the pan? It looks like it might be on the drawing.
If it is then it becomes notifiable and all the backflow prevention issues need to be considered

Not cheap somewhere between ÂŁ500-ÂŁ600!
there is also a enema setting for a real deep clean feeling (turbo wash)

my first thoughts when I was asked about it was that it would have to be supplied from a tank.
I haven't seen the product as yet, just got some info of the net so I had some idea what it was.
The instructions don't really go into much detail, other than WRAS approved and to be fitted to the wc supply pipe,
fitted with what looks to be a single check valve. It does have its own tank of water so??
I was hoping someone else had already gone through all the dilemmas/questions about fitting so i don't have to.

Valid point about where the nozzle and spill level Ray.
I have just been looking at the supply pressures and it translates to approx :-
min - 0.4 bar to over 7 bar. would be struggling with a tank supply to get that, so it suggests that it has to be from the mains.

I'd be looking at some TMV mixer protection as well.

Thats no place to be broiling the meat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to fitting a toilet seat bidet?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

So, in theory, a toilet with integrated bidet (spray wand) sounds like a nice idea. Cleaning with water feels more hygienic, saves paper. But...
Replies
Views
B
Hello, I've had unfortunate issues throughout my adult life and more so since switching to a largely plant based diet of blocking toilets...
Replies
Views
I want to change over a toilet seat but have come across an issue. The screws holding the connection to the pan simply rotate, either left or...
Replies
Views
Hi all, looking for some soil pipe/stack help please. I bought my first house end December and unfortunately had a toilet pipe blockage within a...
Replies
Views
Hi I have recently replaced my old toilet seat hinges (old ones originally fitted by whoever previously owned the house) as one had effectively...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock