Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Fitting magna clean on flow in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

marsaday

I understand these cleaners need to be fitted on the return. Does it matter if my magna clean is on the flow ?

I have just noticed this afternoon where it is positioned. the boiler was moved a month ago you see.

Should it be changed urgently or is it not that big a deal

Dont think it makes that bigger deal. Fitting instructions say preferably on the return just before boiler.

it goes on the return to reduce the muck going into the boiler, it aint working if its on the flow then is it

2 opinions here. i know the return is the best place, but i am in the position of it being done incorrectly.

I have just added 3 new rads to my system this weekend (attic conversion). i still have to fit the rads when i get the walls built etc. I had isolator valves fitted for this run of pipe work so i can still run my CH without draining down. When the work is done on the ch (poss, late jan), should i do a system clean and drain down. if so this will be the time for me to change over the magnaclean.

Final point. i have 3 spiro traps to fit on some houses i rent out. i intend doing this in the spring. Do you think it will be better for me to use a spiro trap over the magnaclean. i think i will go for it as it will be much easier to fit. what do others think.

manufacturers instructions are what you want to follow if you want to get the best performance and you obviously know that, so asking us on here to say its ok to leave fitted in a position not reccommended seems a bit daft to me. As for which kit is better, they all do the same thing and if you already own some spiros use them or if you prefer magnacleans use them,its your choice ultimatey.

An extract from Adey site installations :MagnaClean Professional is suitable for all central heating systems and can be fitted anywhere on the main circuit. However, in order to achieve the best protection for the boiler, it is recommended that MagnaClean Professional is fitted after the last radiator before the boiler. In determining a suitable location for installation, it is important to ensure you allow adequate access for servicing.

Check their site and make up your own mind.

spiro will fit loads better on the return pipe, just under the boiler. plus lots of people have said spiros are better, so i will try it. never had a problem with the magnaclean though in 2 1/2 yrs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Fitting magna clean on flow in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, recently our boiler stopped working properly, causing a lack of heat in our 14-radiator splitter in 3 storeys. having only one boiler at...
Replies
Views
Our house was built in 2007 and we are the second family to live here - moving in in 2017. The central heating has been working fine - although...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I have a WorcesterBosch Greenstar 42CDi classic combi, which is providing DHW fine, but not heating. Was working fine in spring...
Replies
Views
Desperate for some help! Be a life saver of someone can help as suffer from a high intolerance to noise. Moved into new house 1940s (copper...
Replies
Views
L
Hey everyone, I'll keep it short. Had our old system boiler replaced with a new Ideal system boiler set up. Then the problems began. First...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock