Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Flue terminal new window in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

bassmonster

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hello all,
I'm just in the middle of my ACS gas course. For some reason, i now have the habit of looking at flue terminals outside houses...:oops:. If a flue is less than 300mm from a window opening, would that mean the gas engineer has to disconnect the boiler and if customer does not give permission, they would have to be reported?

You would get an FGA and do a room CO test and if it stays under 10ppm its ok. with window fully open etc.

The full procedure and classification is in your unsafe situations book.

You would get an FGA and do a room CO test and if it stays under 10ppm its ok. with window fully open etc.

The full procedure and classification is in your unsafe situations book.

I would not have to much faith in relying on a co test a a lot depends on which way the wind is blowing ect bf or ff I tend to ar a bf to cover my own arse.

I would not have to much faith in relying on a co test a a lot depends on which way the wind is blowing ect bf or ff I tend to ar a bf to cover my own arse.

Exactly my thinking. My brain tells me to AR it at least!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flue terminal new window in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are considering buying a house which currently has a 20 year old Ideal Icos boiler, so we're factoring in replacing the boiler soon. Current...
Replies
Views
My installation has been classed as Dangerous 'Do not use' by my boiler manufacturer. I have an Ideal Logic 30kw Combi boiler mounted as high as...
Replies
Views
H
  • Question
I had a combi boiler put in my rental property about 10 years ago by a contractor arranged by the letting agency and I assume qualified. Gas...
Replies
Views
The flue for a glow worm micron 30ff is apparently obsolete but there must be other flues that would fit it surely, it's just a standard 100mm...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, I was hoping someone could advise regarding the regulations around flue terminations through a 'fake' window. We have a...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock