Discuss Fotting flexi tails to mixer tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

notaclue

Hi
I have a Astracast Elera 772 mixer tap & am confused by how to fit the stainless flexi supply pipes (instructions are about as much use as a chocolate teapot:D).

There is a threaded section about 75mm long & 30mm wide, the threaded holes for the flexi's are down at the bottom of that, how do I screw them in:confused:

Thanks

is this 30mm threaded section not to attach the tap to the sink?

flexis screw in to the tap one end and to your piepwork the other

is this 30mm threaded section not to attach the tap to the sink?

flexis screw in to the tap one end and to your piepwork the other

Yes it sure is, but the threaded holes for the two flexi's are inside it, 80mm down at the bottom of the hole! :confused:

they dont need to be that tight .hand tightis enogh

Problem is, I cannot even get them started as they are so far down the tube & even if I could, the only way to tighten them would be by twisting the flexi 80mm from the end :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
to be honest sounds like the only way is to twist the flexi on the braided part

There is usually a smell oring after the thread part which screws into the tap, its just this that needs some compression to make the joint

just twist fexi as you say,the joint is the 'o' ring at end of flexi and hole you push flexi into therefore as soon push flexi into tap bottom it is water tight,you just screw in to hold it in position,only has to be hand tight,just twist flexi as soon as it starts to look like creasing stop,job done

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Fotting flexi tails to mixer tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are replacing our kitchen mixer tap, but I haven't figured out how to remove the old one yet as I'm a lowly DIY-er and unfamiliar with the...
Replies
Views
Don't laugh... (too much) We have a white mixer tap (20yrs old now) it needs replacing and I bought a very similar one yesterday.. it came with...
Replies
Views
Hi there! I have an old reclaimed porcelain sink for which I am looking for a mono mixer tap (second hole to be blanked off) Have purchased two...
Replies
Views
Welder
W
R
hi, we have a monobloc tap that is getting old, few years ago had the heads changed to ones with a leaver (for elderly person with artheritis)...
Replies
Views
moony
M
N
Hi, I have some new monobloc kitchen taps & they have flexi tails with a female threaded fitting with a flat rubber washer, can I simply screw...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock