Discuss Frost stats in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

stratplus

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hello all,
I have a combi boiler in an unheated area. It is fed from a switched fused spur, has a built in mechanical time clock and a Honeywell roomstat.
My question is how in laymans terms do I install a frost stat to this system?

I look forward to your replies.

It is a Worcester 28i junior.

Take a live feed out of the boiler to a frost stat and pipe stat in series and take it back to the stat connection.

Take a live feed out of the boiler to a frost stat and pipe stat in series and take it back to the stat connection.
This if it's a 28i junior SE.......if a Greenstar 28i junior on the PCB connect across FS&FR....from memory it's a yellow plug at top middle of PCB

some boilers have a built in frost ,check manufacturers instructions .
Frost stat works exactly the same as room stat but the other way round as temp drops fires boiler.

some boilers have a built in frost ,check manufacturers instructions .
Frost stat works exactly the same as room stat but the other way round as temp drops fires boiler.
28i J SE does not......28i J Greenstar does.... but an important point is a remote frost stat protects exposed / unheated parts of the system or pipework so often both are required of course with a pipe stat.

In some cases it is wise to have more than 1 frost stat and pipe stat in different locations

I have a worcester cdi 30 combi I take it the frost stat will kick in once the room temperature drops. Does anyone know what is the temperature is set for the frost stat to kick in? And can you override the setting?
thank you

I have a worcester cdi 30 combi I take it the frost stat will kick in once the room temperature drops. Does anyone know what is the temperature is set for the frost stat to kick in? And can you override the setting?
thank you
Stat kicks in when temp of Boiler drops not room temp. Usually 5deg. No

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Frost stats in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I would like some guidance regarding the Worcester CDi 29 Classic boiler. According to the manual it has a holiday mode and frost protection mode...
Replies
Views
T
Hello, I have just moved in to a new flat this week and have a problem with noise coming from somewhere around the top of the boiler. It's a loud...
Replies
Views
Just checking my understanding of frost stats.. My customer has a boiler in a garage (12year old Vaillant/British Gas boiler on an unvented...
Replies
Views
Hoping someone can give me advice with this one. At an annual gas service today I found a Worcester Greenstar Junior 28i to be using only running...
Replies
Views
Should not have needed to post this thread but unfortunately have to... I had the new boiler (worcester bosch greenstar 30i)+ unvented cylinder...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock