Currently reading:
Get a Pro silicone finish

Discuss Get a Pro silicone finish in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

plumber0808

Purchased a Fugi kit today and used them on two bathrooms.

i am decent enough at getting a good finish and have tried all the tools to try and get it looking perfect.

A bad silicone finish can ruin a bathroom, there easy enough for anyone to use and a produce really good finish. £11 from toolstation which I thought was a bit steep for 3 bits of plastic but they are top class.

Toolstation > Adhesives & Sealants > Sealant Tools > Fugi 3-piece Profiling Tool

image.jpg

If you want to know what real pain is.
Do as I once did: Go for the p**n star look and lather your scrotum in Veet hair remover.
I'm shedding tears now just thinking about it.

Feel your pain brother, I used nair on mine and left bit too long, no word of a lie the crease in my groin was bleeding, worst pain ever

after applying silicone with a gun slowly and tidy with the nozzle cut at 45degree ish close to the tip. I spray around the bath with soapy water on top of the silicone , run your finger on it then, fantastic finish , excess silicone curls up your finger , only takes 5 minuets to do a bath, and I feel that you push it in all the gaps better with your finger, rather than scraping it off

I used to use the above method, until I discovered Fugi tools. They are very wasteful and do scrap it away but it's definitely pushed home and sticks well....plus it looks the total dogs dangles, chamfered off at 45.

They are really good.

Purchased a Fugi kit today and used them on two bathrooms.

i am decent enough at getting a good finish and have tried all the tools to try and get it looking perfect.

A bad silicone finish can ruin a bathroom, there easy enough for anyone to use and a produce really good finish. £11 from toolstation which I thought was a bit steep for 3 bits of plastic but they are top class.

Toolstation > Adhesives & Sealants > Sealant Tools > Fugi 3-piece Profiling Tool

View attachment 18262

got some somewhere and used them once....

there a waste of time imo.

i use a £1.50 delta tool and can do a bath in 3 mins flat.:wink_smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Get a Pro silicone finish in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back