Discuss Glow worm Boiler Air lock in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Livvid

Hi all

Glow worm Boiler Gravity fed indirect system. all rads fed from ceiling on upper floor flat.
Boiler fires Feed pipe gets hot and after a couple of minutes boiler trips.
Have drained a rad to replace, Refilled system,
Sensible ideas on clearing the airlock please? system is 15 years old, has dial timer.
Boiler is automatic firing.

Thank you in advance.

Attach a hose to a drain off point and back fill the system with it, using mains pressure.

Vent each radiator and have someone in the loft to tell you what the water level is in the F& E tank to ensure it doesn't over flow. Make sure the whole system is shut off electrically (obviously) Job done!

Last edited:
Just thought i'd let all know, whos reading this what i did to fix issue, turned off the boiler but turned on controls to call for heating and water with three port valves set to manual, this seemed to shift air to the f&e tank. Restarted Boiler and all worked fine. Returned valves to Auto, does anybody know any issues/poss problems with doing this at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Glow worm Boiler Air lock in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, Got a nightmare situation with a central heating system I recently adopted. It's an open vent system with a combined F&E pipe, with a...
Replies
Views
First post as I can not figure this one out. I have a hot water boiler heating system, gas fired, with an HTP SuperStor indirect hot water tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all...got some issues....drained my working ok system yesterday to upgrade some 15 to 22 on the flow and return rad circuit. Refilled and bled...
Replies
Views
We had a Gloworm Energy 7 30r Boiler fitted in Jan 22 to replace a British Gas Boiler (which was a Glowworm Rebranded ) when the heat exchanger...
Replies
Views
D
Hi all - hoping someone knowledgeable can help as I'm super confused by this.... I have a standard system / gravity fed boiler, large cold tank...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock