Discuss Grant VortexBlue Oil Boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Use an S plan rather than a Y plan. BTW with the Grant Vortex Blueflame models, using a Grant G1 accredited installer gives you a full 10 year parts and labour warranty.

Use an S plan rather than a Y plan. BTW with the Grant Vortex Blueflame models, using a Grant G1 accredited installer gives you a full 10 year parts and labour warranty.
Using a firebird VIP installer also gives you the 10year. Not just grant offer this. Id recommend you look into and try the new elco burner on the firebird. The new combi is a thing of beauty.

I wouldn't touch Firebird with the proverbial end of the stick. Grant Blueflame all the way. If it goes wrong, everything is covered fo 10 years

I wouldn't touch Firebird with the proverbial end of the stick. Grant Blueflame all the way. If it goes wrong, everything is covered fo 10 years
It's great that you actually install and recommend the boiler that I am intending to have installed :D
One quick question for you:
We have recently installed a water softener :cool:
So for filled up the new unvented 'system' boiler (not a Combi) would you use soft water or the regular mains water?
We live in a very hard water area :eek:

For system water it doesn't really matter. It's not going to be constantly refreshing but you keep the same water in for ever until you come to do any work on the system. Always be sure to add inhibitor. If you constantly have to keep topping up, then it may cause a problem, but if that is ever the case, you need to address the root cause anyway.

Reply to Grant VortexBlue Oil Boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Grant Vortex 50/90 condensing oil boiler where the air tube spigot over the fan is not connected to the existing flue, should this be closed off...
Replies
Views
I have a Grant Vortex Blue 26kw external oil boiler, installed less than 12 months ago. It's had intermittent non-starting problems resulting in...
Replies
Views
Any advice welcome as plumber stumped Had 36-46 grant vortex utility boiler 7 years no problem recently oil tank move and tigerloop install...
Replies
Views
Hello, bit of a noob question but would someone be able to help me to understand the pipes coming off our boiler. It's a Grant oil combi boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi, is it ok to turn on and use new grants external oil combi boiler, before it gets commisioned next week ? or can this cause any damage at all...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock