Discuss Help needed with a cream coloured nightmare in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shouldn't be any pipes below or in the screed that close any way
Shouldn’t :) sounds good though ... you should know better than me in England it’s not possible due to millions of different installers.

You talk from the ideal world of plumbing but coming back to the reality ... it’s unfortunately different and people install pipes you would even think off doing it

Shouldn’t :) sounds good though . you should know better than me in England it’s not possible due to millions of different installers.

You talk from the ideal world of plumbing but coming back to the reality . it’s unfortunately different and people install pipes you would even think off doing it

It's building regs

Once a decent amount of silicone has set on a decent size pan on a smooth level tiled floor you wouldn't be able to kick it over with a running start.

I always use screws if I can, plastic wedges in any gaps if that's causing a problem, add a bit of silicone for belt and braces if its proving a pain. But sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

Shaun is like Mr Best Practice and I very much respect that but I suspect if every plumber in the country suddenly had to do everything 100% by the book every time or they'd drop dead, there'd be about 5 left working in the country by Monday. Shaun sounds like he'd be one of them.

So what do you do on timber floor either old t and g or chip

Don't say mastic :D

So what do you do on timber floor either old t and g or chip

Don't say mastic :D

I used putty to bed toilets down to wood floors back in the day when it was the norm to fix to bare wood floor.
Silicone still reasonably good for to a wood floor, but won’t have same grip strength as onto tiled floors would.

I used putty to bed toilets down to wood floors back in the day when it was the norm to fix to bare wood floor.
Silicone still reasonably good for to a wood floor, but won’t have same grip strength as onto tiled floors would.

What happens if it's Lino still mastic ?

And can't imagine mastic and carpet mix

What happens if it's Lino still mastic ?

And can't imagine mastic and carpet mix

Not sure what was used, if anything, on vinyl tiles years ago. I suppose soft putty was still a possibility. I can’t remember what I used on them.
It is all coming back to me using putty. What horrible stuff it was and you could see it squeezing when the pan got final tightening. Then trim with a knife.
The oil from the putty soaked into floor and it always looked like a water leak.
Soft vinyl floors the pan tends to bed into nicely, but a bead of silicone keeps the area more hygienic because it prevents any damp getting below the pan.

Not sure what was used, if anything, on vinyl tiles years ago. I suppose soft putty was still a possibility. I can’t remember what I used on them.
It is all coming back to me using putty. What horrible stuff it was and you could see it squeezing when the pan got final tightening. Then trim with a knife.
The oil from the putty soaked into floor and it always looked like a water leak.
Soft vinyl floors the pan tends to bed into nicely, but a bead of silicone keeps the area more hygienic because it prevents any damp getting below the pan.

Bet you mixed some paint with it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help needed with a cream coloured nightmare in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, Desperately in need of help. Getting very annoyed with myself Replaced the click plug in my bathroom for a new Basin Slotted one along...
Replies
Views
Size of bathroom 230cm x 210cm Height 230cm Birmingham Area Initial problem Burst pipe underground in bathroom, concrete. Have had this dug up...
Replies
Views
my bathroom sink (installed 2017) was broken recently and needs replacing. on inspection there is no brand name and only a few markings so I'm...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need some help on this shower drain installation. I’m about to install a corner shower kit in my basement bathroom. But I just found out the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Got a nightmare situation with a central heating system I recently adopted. It's an open vent system with a combined F&E pipe, with a...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock