Search the forum,

Discuss Help out quotes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PRO#PLUMBER

hi , does anyone no of any books or tips that can help with writing out quotes?
I struggle trying to make my quotes look professional as i can't always find the words i need. It really fustrates me as i really take pride in my work but im failling misrably with this.
Can anyone help??
Thanks

Do you mean a template as in my logo and ciphe logo and layout of page as i got all that

I got just found a good one on pages on my mac thanks for the reply

I use invoice to go

It does estimates - you can take the time to put in products and services to make the process quicker.

Here is a quote I did for a potentially difficult customer - didn't get the job luckily! Posted it for the type language I use in other quotes and various small print stuff. Printed on headed paper. Obviously (?!) much of the small print can be eliminated for more likeable customers and people you trust and the language can be toned down for a more friendly approach.

Name of customer
Address of customer

Date

QUOTATION

To fitting three radiators as supplied by customer
To fitting gas boiler as supplied by customer
To removal of hot water cylinder and cold water storage cistern
To tidying and re-routing of pipes as necessary
To commissioning of boiler
To fitting of room thermostat
Fittings and materials as supplied by customer

Cost of above works based on labour only: £*****.**

Other Notes

These rates are inclusive of travel expenses but NOT trips to and from local plumbing supplies and building merchants. VAT is included in above estimates.

My name (My Business) has public liability insurance. My Business works as safely as possible and reserves the right to cease work if conditions are not felt or deemed to be safe enough to carry out the works properly. Especial care is required when using blow torches and the client’s co-operation is sought in this matter.

While every precaution is taken to prevent spillage of water, unfortunately plumbing can occasionally be a messy business. Any water spillages will be cleaned and dried up as quickly as possible.

Unfortunately My Business is not able to remove waste from clients’ sites due to the refusal of the local council to accept such waste and the above figures do not include such a cost. The hiring of a mini skip is suggested unless the client has an alternative. My Business can arrange a mini skip if this is more convenient (around £150).

The quotation is based upon labour charges only and does not include for materials of any kind. If materials are required a charge will be made for any materials used from the van. Any trips to a local plumbing or building merchant will be charged at a rate of 50 pence per mile and £10 per half an hour for the time of such a trip.

My Business will take no responsibility for the warranty of the boiler or malfunction of the radiators or valves or pipework or fittings. Any problems must be taken up with the customer’s suppliers of affected parts. If a part or materials are faulty and cannot be made to work the re-supply costs are the customer’s responsibility and an extra charge maybe made if the works are delayed by more than half a day. In other words, My Business will not be held responsible for the failure of any parts or materials supplied by the customer including during any warranty periods.

All building regulations will be adhered to strictly and any extra work or materials required to apply to the various regulations will be charged to the customer. The quotation price is based on the measurements and information given by the customer.

If asked to proceed the customer must pay half the quotation value before work is started and the remaining balance within 7 days of the completion of the works.

Please note that I am unable to supply an estimate.

Here's another for a more friendly customer: (it had various terms and conditions at the end as well)

Bathroom

Estimate

To removing tiles from walls and window area.
To removing wall of old airing cupboard and replacing or making good of ceiling above.
Remove existing sanitary ware and shower. During this process the water will be turned off, hopefully for only an hour. Water supply for the rest of the house will be restored as quickly as possible.
Remove shelves and mirror but keep toilet roll holder
Remove existing radiator
Replace or make good ceiling above shower
Prepare walls around shower in preparation of tiles. This might mean removing existing wall and replacing with suitable plasterboard
Repair as necessary and prepare remaining walls for decoration and tiling
Fit new wood piece to make window sill more level before tiling
Paint ceiling in white
Paint door, door frame and skirting boards in gloss white and refit door handles
Paint untiled areas of walls in colour - to be advised
Install/fit drainage and waste pipes for WC, basin, bath and shower
Install cold water supply and hot water supply and necessary isolation valves to above. During this process water supply will be cut off, hopefully for only 2 hours, and turned on as soon as possible.

Screw down loose floorboards and lay floor with boarding suitable for tiling (or underfloor heating?)
Install electric underfloor heating
Fit floor tiles
Fit new door tread from landing to bathroom and cut door to size if necessary
Install shower tray, door and shower as supplied
Install bath, basin and WC as supplied
Install new heated towel rail
Box in drainage pipes as necessary
Tile following areas:
Between window and fitted cupboards
Window sill
2 Walls from bath to ceiling
Bathroom sides of wall of old airing cupboard from floor to ceiling
Three walls of shower area from tray to ceiling

Arrange skip hire and removal (£***)

Estimate ** days:

Labour £**,*** (two people - ** man days)
Plumbing materials contingency £*** *
Building materials contingency £*** *

* Hopefully these sums will be in the region of £*** in total.

Electrical

Replace/service ventilation fan as advised by electrician (might be cheaper to replace internal section than service it)
Replace ceiling light – to be advised
Remove unused electrical switches and replace others to be kept (ceiling light and shower)
Remove/move sockets in old airing cupboard to cupboard outside bathroom

Estimate cost of electrician – 1½ days at say £*** including materials (hopefully maximum price)

Questions

1. Is the floor being tiled? (I think this is “Yes”!)
  2. If so, have you bought flexible tile cement or do you want us to?
  3. Do you want underfloor heating? I think it will cost around £*** including fitting.
  4. The door tread/threshold - do you want a cheap and cheerful of around £** or a piece of shaped oak made for the gap costing around £**?
  5. Have you arranged delivery of paint or if not do you know what colour you’d like?
  6. Has the shower tray got legs and suitable edging to hide the legs?
  7. Have you made any decisions about electrics? e.g. ceiling light, shaving socket and so on?

And at the bottom

i agree to the above estimate signed................................print.....................date....................

It reduces problems at the end

Should be noted that:

Quote, is a fixed price if accepted, you have to do the work at that (if you choose to do it), it can't be changed unless customer ask for the work to change.

Estimate, is just that, an estimate. These can be changed if need be. Better for plumbers as the price of boilers, pipes, etc... can change overnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help out quotes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi sorry im a newbie, pls help if u can. I had a new bathroom installed about a yr ago and since then when i flush the toilet the room stinks of sewer gas. Not only does the b/room stink it also smells in the kitchen too, which is directly below the toilet/b-room. It doesnt do it everytime...
Replies
Views
Hi, Im a DIY Plumber Im working on moving my plumbing in my basement to the other side of the soon-to-be bathroom. I've busted up the concrete and replumbed all the fixtures and was about to close it up and starting having anxiety that I did it wrong. Hoping someone can help me know whether my...
Replies
Views
M
I have a viessman vitodens 222F combi storage boiler on the ground floor. It has 100l capacity inbuilt cylinder which is delivered on mains pressure. I bought it hoping I could have two showers across floors running with hot water even if it’s a short while, while avoiding an unvented...
Replies
Views
Max Hill
M
Hi all, thank you so much in advance for any help. I’m always really grateful for the advice and support from experts when I have been on here a few years ago. There’s a dripping coming from my bathroom and I can hear it coming from behind the toilet and I’m worried it’s causing a buildup which...
Replies
Views
Hello All, New to the forum so apologies if do any faux pas. But I have an Aqalisa Electric Quartz Shower 9.5kw (8 years old) and currently it is only giving out cold water regardless of where the temperature control is placed, the only difference is the more you move to the dial to the cold...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock