Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Hep2o pipe inserts? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
At 18 bar you should have an isolation zone of the whole house, even plastic firing at you at 18 bar will cause serious damage..

That's why you loop all ends and never put blanks on if a fitting comes apart it'll still be connectedto the other pipe, like I said hepworth came out and trained us

Hope ur wet testing and vent all the air off. Compressed air at 18bar makes a lovely jam from you skin and connective tissues.

It was wet testing and done to heps instructions. Does anyone air test hep or speedfit?

Air testing o longer allowed due to health & safety etc

but yes, I still air test... Half or 1 bar just to check no open ends etc...

On site work 1st fixing, a bit of spilt water doesn't matter so no need to worry about any forgotten open ends apart from air testing being dangerous it would also be useless cos if you had a small leak you would struggle to find it,

Thought i was rite about that, i remember at the time being a bit scepticle about pumping to 18 bar. Air will release 7 times quicker than water i seem to remember so i wouldnt use air over 1/2 bar to test. As for 18 bar its not that hard with a rothenburger its the filling before thats the worst from 3 up to 18 bar would literally be one or two at the most pumps on a house size system id say.

Thought i was rite about that, i remember at the time being a bit scepticle about pumping to 18 bar. Air will release 7 times quicker than water i seem to remember so i wouldnt use air over 1/2 bar to test. As for 18 bar its not that hard with a rothenburger its the filling before thats the worst from 3 up to 18 bar would literally be one or two at the most pumps on a house size system id say.

3 to 18 bar one or two pumps, more like 200 and two more buckets of water.
Got to 18 bar on hep couple weeks ago and after 5 mins a 10mm pipe split!
Week before another trade person accidentally trod on a pipe at 18 bar and it sheared at the fitting. Must have jumped out of his skin lol

HI GUYS ITS HURDY:sorcerer: AS A CONSTANT USER OF HEP AND BARRIER I WOULD NOT FEEL SAFE NOT USING INSERTS,IT WOULD KEEP ME AWAKE AT NIGHT KNOWING I HAD NOT INSTALED THEM,SO I FEEL IT IS A MUST.REMEMBER THE PLUMBING GODS ARE WATCHING.HA HA SEE YUO SOON:wazzzup:

I never used to bother and have never had a pipe blow off. But nowadays I'm less of a cheapskate so always use them, just in case :28:

I saw a job once were they didn't use them and almost every fitting was leaking

I saw a job once were they didn't use them and almost every fitting was leaking

Sharp edge of end of plastic pipes probably damaging the O rings in the fittings, I guess?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hep2o pipe inserts? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock