Discuss Here us why cheap pan connectors eventually leak in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Rob Foster

Esteemed
12A9E8A1-32AA-42AA-B8D5-2150B875BBD9.jpeg
We put a temporary cheapo pan connector on to test some drains. Today we removed the pan to put in the new floor. Look at the water left in the void space no wonder the rubbers rot away and leak ...multikwick all day long.
Centralheatking

Whats wrong with a brown connector, it is the same ID does not leak and was in the back of one of the vans ?
centralheatking
The plastic used for underground fittings & pipe does not have the same chemical make up as the above ground fittings & pipe, it does not have the same level of protection against the elements, especially UV protection from the sun. It breaks down much quicker than above ground drainage fittings, this is why it is much cheaper, and should not be used for above ground. Mind you, I suppose if the fitting in question will be cemented into the wall, it might be okay, but I for one, would certainly not recommend it.

Reply to Here us why cheap pan connectors eventually leak in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock