Discuss Hot and cold pipes the wrong way round. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi. I have just had a new bathroom installed. However, for some reason the cold taps have hot water coming out and vice versa for both the bath and the shower. My builders say this is simple to rectify by cutting both pipes then re-connecting by flexi pipe to the correct taps. Does this sound like the right thing to do? Thanks for any advice.

You hear builders and get a sense of dread. Builders build plumbers plumb. Yes they should be reversed maybe get a plumber to do it

Hi Riley. Thanks, yes I realise I should have used a number but had a short time frame and couldn't get one in time. Is it ok to swap the feed round by doing as I said, cutting the pipes and reconnecting the right way round with flexi pipe?

Ok. So if it’s just bath and shower, swap locally to these items.
Alter the pipes according to what they’re made of. I guess it will be plastic if a builder did it in which case may literally be able to undo bath tap connectors and reconnect them the other way around without actually altering pipes.
If shower is teed of bath pipes it may be possible to cut/cross pipes under the bath somewhere and get both items done in one hit.
Basically it shouldn’t be a big problem.

Reply to Hot and cold pipes the wrong way round. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock