Search the forum,

Discuss hot water flow in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pauls

got toa call today no hot water got it running out slowly then sometimes slows down checked tank in loft full and drains when taps run.

any ideas on how to cure cos i think im missing something.:confused:

Stick hosepipe from cold onto hot tap and turn on - should blow airlock out but be careful not to overflow the header tank!

If it's a recurring problem, fit an automatic air valve to the locked section.

its only just started out of the blue they had some work done back in january

See what pipework has been altered and use a spirit level to check the falls.

check the tap washers I don't remember the details but had a job that was getting air and it was from a bad bath tap

cheers fellas for help.

the system also has other issues with need attention aswell

like no cylinder stat.

no interlock controls couldnt find them anyway they could be under floorboards but what a stupid place to put them.

when i opened the airing cuboard i touched the cylinder and it was red hot its a safety issue and needs sorting.

with no interlock controls heating and hot water on all the time

force the mains through the hot tap at kitchen sink clear air lock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to hot water flow in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Guys, I've got a woodburning stove with a back boiler that I cant quite figure out. Last year it was heating the water but not the radiators...
Replies
Views
D
I'm after some guidance if possible please. I have a fortic F1 vented direct cylinder with an instant immersion and an economy 7 immersion. A...
Replies
Views
DevishaM
D
Hi I have a gravity-fed system I have flushed it out a couple of times and it has had x400 in the system for the last 4 weeks. There was one...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've got a leak coming from the loft into a bedroom which I think is caused by water overflow from feed and expansion cistern (see attached...
Replies
Views
Hello. Decided to clean sediment from my cold water storage tank(just sediment nothing else is there). The pipe to the tank also splits off and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock