Discuss How to fit mixer taps to non standard tap centres? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I want to fit a shower mixer tap to my bath but the bath holes centres are 185mm. All the mixer taps I've seen so far require tap centres of 180mm.

Would I be able to get away with fitting a 180mm mixer tap to 185mm centres?

Is there any adapter or fitting that I can use to accomodate fitting bath taps with 180mm centres to bath holes of variable centres?

Mixer taps with adapters are available, or you might find the dimensions of a deck mixer would accommodate filing holes to suit centres.

Mixer taps with adapters are available, or you might find the dimensions of a deck mixer would accommodate filing holes to suit centres.

Sorry for my ignorance but is a deck mixer where the brass body covers/runs from one tap to the other e.g Java Deck Mounted Bath Shower Mixer | Java Bathroom | Bristan?

The alternative being the pillar type?

Can you provide more details for the adaptors - perhaps a link to an image and how they are installed?

The Bristan 1901 can be adjusted 100 - 200mm centres but comes at a price. Deck mixers are as you supposed.

You should be alright but if in doubt fit something like this. image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How to fit mixer taps to non standard tap centres? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
I'm having a nightmare trying to find matt black wall or deck mounted bath mixer taps with 3/4 fitting that work on 0.2 bar. From tank to tap, I...
Replies
Views
I need to replace the washer of my kitchen mixer tap as it is leaking. I was able to remove the spout once by unscrewing the screw on the back of...
Replies
Views
I'm a council tenant and my bathroom basin is broken and needs replacing, it has standard pillar taps. Do you know if councils would ever replace...
Replies
Views
Hi - I want to replace Aqualisa power shower to mixer shower to a std. mixer shower, however, the centres for the hot and cold are only 65mm. I’ve...
Replies
Views
Back