Search the forum,

Discuss How to open up toilet waste pipe please in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

How to open this toilet pipe please?
I need to retrieve a key I dropped down here.
I think its sitting in the grooves of the flexible pipe.
Will this pipe unscrew easily, I can probably untwist it OK.
But then after is it easy to reconnect and ensure its water tight?

Any advice gratefully received.

Many thanks
V

Attachments

• 3DFC0AAE-37B3-473B-80C4-503C53701031.jpeg
    3DFC0AAE-37B3-473B-80C4-503C53701031.jpeg
    334.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 2EEAE1A3-DB1B-4469-A7C3-6EA5516DC128.jpeg
    2EEAE1A3-DB1B-4469-A7C3-6EA5516DC128.jpeg
    334.5 KB · Views: 10
Should just pull of the toilet if you have enough space if not the toilet will have to come out

You''ll need to separate A from B.
There will need to be a small gap where the green arrow is.
If there isn't enough room to move A all the way back, you should be able to twist it up or down to release it.

If not, as ,the toilet pan will have to come out.

Attachments

• WC connector_LI.jpg
    WC connector_LI.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 9

Reply to How to open up toilet waste pipe please in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
The left rear floor corner is highest (the shower pan touches/sits on the floor), sloping down diagonally to the front right corner (lowest). The front right corner shim is 5/8", the left front corner is 3/8" shimmed, with shorter shims under left middle and right rear corner. The pan perimeters...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock