Discuss HRM Wallstar Oil Boiler - Advice please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

From what I've seen and heard from video is its igniting, then theres a loss of flame during safety time and it's going to lockout. It could be as Simon above suggested about air it could also be what I said. Have you taken black cover off the front to expose air damper adjuster and made a note of what setting it's on.

I'd be checking electrode position, once had to fit a burner upside down due to this, don't ask me what difference it should make, but it ran like a train after.
Also at excess air as DaveyHep was alluding to a couple of posts back.
Boiler sometimes will work ok for 7 days before it suddenly locks out.
[automerge]1580666352[/automerge]
From what I've seen and heard from video is its igniting, then theres a loss of flame during safety time and it's going to lockout. It could be as Simon above suggested about air it could also be what I said. Have you taken black cover off the front to expose air damper adjuster and made a note of what setting it's on.
I’ve taken photo and attached it.
B8C7DF94-7D5A-4BC6-AE5D-4DD95A5ACD55.jpeg

I don't want to argue Si because I know you're competent but have a look and listen to the video. I'd be checking what I said first as its clearly igniting, yes electrodes and air affect these as we all know but the video is telling me more than that.

Difficult to tell with TV going full tilt and granddaughter trying to drown the telly out with her tablet. Not a fan of listening to videos for diagnosis.

I did hear fan, good spark but the ignition sounded a bit muffled.

Also good to see that we are not having to wait now to get answers.

Plus the golden rule, just because it's new out the box, doesn't mean the new part is good. Seen a few new parts being faulty.

It looks like it's in the right area but without test equipment i couldn't say for sure. So help us further, how often have you been using the immersion and log burner? 8 years is a long time where if you were using the boiler more often the problem will have presented itself by now.

It looks like it's in the right area but without test equipment i couldn't say for sure. So help us further, how often have you been using the immersion and log burner? 8 years is a long time where if you were using the boiler more often the problem will have presented itself by now.
the problem with the boiler has always presented it self, it’s just that we’ve made do with it and worked around it.
We thought it had been sorted when we had those parts replaced, it’s mainly winter that we have the issues as using boiler more for heating.

can’t get boiler to start up this evening......

Stick a couple of fingers over the air intake on the burner to see if it fires. Don't block it just reduce the amount of air its pulling in.

Stick a couple of fingers over the air intake on the burner to see if it fires. Don't block it just reduce the amount of air its pulling in.
Tried that but made no difference, pressed reset button again and let it start as normal and it started. I’m totally confused.......
[automerge]1580668314[/automerge]
Solenoid click but no ignition?
Yeah think so, can see pump drawing oil, transformer is sending spark to electrode and then goes lockout.

Reply to HRM Wallstar Oil Boiler - Advice please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, I have a wallstar combi oil fired boiler. We got low on oil a couple of weeks ago but didn't run out. Since we've had our oil delivered...
Replies
Views
Heating and hot water is not working. Plenty of heating oil. I have replaced batteries in thermostat and it seems to be working ok, showing flame...
Replies
Views
Hi My oil boiler keeps locking out after running for 30/40 minutes! I then try to reset it but it won’t fire back up! I have to leave it for...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a Vokera 15 vhe boiler and all has been running well for the last 6 months since moving in up until a few weeks a go. Boiler throws up...
Replies
Views
Hi We have a vented oil-fired heating system with a coal fire back boiler, this is going to be changed to a sealed pressurized system tomorrow and...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock