Discuss I have a leak from a monobloc tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

The leak only occurs when the tap is turned on, would this indicate a faulty tap or a damaged "O" ring on the flexible tail?

It appears to be leaking from the base of the tap where the flexible tails go inside the tap . If the “o” ring was damaged why does it only leak when the tap is turned on?

It just appears to be running from the bottom of the tap where the tails go inside. It only happens when you turn the hot tap on.

Last edited:
If one of the tails is leaking it wouldn't only happen when the tap is on.
Have seen similar symptoms caused by the water running down the underside of the spout and getting through the tap hole of the basin/sink.
Your last comment about it only happening when hot is turned on - if your hot water flow is lower than your cold then the water would be more inclined to run back down under the spout.
Is water pooling at the base of the tap when it is operated?

Reply to I have a leak from a monobloc tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
Hi I have a monobloc mixer tap which is 18mths old. a leak appeared underneath in the cupboard which looked to be coming from the flexi tail M8...
Replies
Views
I have attached an image of the brass body within a tap. Having replaced a cartridge which has cured a leaking tap, I can see that there is a...
Replies
Views
Hi, As I need to purchase two new taps for our en suite, I've noticed that almost all taps now come with flexi tails as standard. I've read some...
Replies
Views
Hi, One of the tails for our basin tap was leaking slightly; I was never sure if the leak was from the flexible or from the join to the tap. The...
Replies
Views
Forgive my ignorance, with this basic question, but I seem to be struggling to both understand, search for, and source, the appropriate washer...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock