Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Ideal Concord CX - Lockout Reset Problems - Please help, I'm freezing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pilottrist

Hi All,

Was wondering if you could help regarding an Stelrad Ideal Concord CX. Can't give you the actual model number as I haven't found it yet, but I would say the boiler looks a good 10 years old.

Anyway, I've just taken over the rental of a commercial premises which has been empty for at least 12 months or so. The said boiler is in the basement and all electricals seem ok, as does gas and water supply. The Unit however has three lights to the left of the Control Knob, one of which is lit - LOCKOUT.

Have followed the instructions found nearby to relight, in this (ish) order.

1. Turn off the power
2. Press the Red Reset Switch marked 'O'
3. Wait - press the LOCKOUT RESET SWITCH (This is what I can't find)
4. Press and hold Gas
5. Press Ignition
So and so forth.

The LOCKOUT reset switch is apparently just under the Gas Valve. However, all I can see is three small plastic dials one of which is Green, and moves in and out (Very slightly - almost feeling loose) but doesn't reset anything?

Here is a very poor pictorial - The white and red buttons are the reset and Gas switches (plungers), the gas vavle is to the top, and the LOCKOUT RESET SWITCH is supposed to be in the triangular area where those dials and the green button is.

Concord.jpg
As above, can any one help? Even if I have to pay someone (A nominal fee) to have a look or to fix it (within reason). Oh by the way, it's between Pontypridd and Nelson for those in the know, or who care to enquire.

Thanks is anticipation.

Attachments

• Concord.jpg
    Concord.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 24
It's locked out for a reason. Don't mess with it.

We cannot and will not give advice on the installation or repair of boilers, cookers or ANY gas appliances for your own safety.

Please go to Gas Safe Register | Ensure your gas engineer is registered. or post a thread in the 'I'm looking for a plumber / gas engineer' section of these forums remembering to include your location - [DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

If you are gsr please increase your post count to 10+ then send a PM (Private Message) with your gsr details to either Gas man - http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/users/8668/ or Redsaw - http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/users/2718/ who will check you and then give you access to the gsr private forum.

Providing gas-related advice to anybody who should not be touching gas and cannot prove their competence is unacceptable. We will take whatever action we deem appropriate to prevent such advice being given

Thank you.

UKPF TA's, Mods and Admin teams.

http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/ce...ed-advice.html (notice gas safety related advice)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal Concord CX - Lockout Reset Problems - Please help, I'm freezing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock