Search the forum,

Discuss Installing a shower tray... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lenny

Hi, Can anybody advise me the best method to install a shower tray to a concrete or possibly a tiled floor please? :)

Depends on what sort of shower tray it is?

Does it sit flat on the floor?

Does it have legs?

Does it need a base building?

The questions to ask yourself are usually:

How do I get at the waste and trap after its in?

How close to the wall can I get it to allow the wall tiles to sit over the top edge and does it line up with any cubicle I fit?

The best thing is to find out what sort of tray you have, how do you propose to get rid of the waste water from it, then please come back on and let us all know, we may be able to help a bit better then.

put the tray on a plinth so you can access the pipes when you need too--and you will some day.
then trim of with a skirt.
the amount of leaking traps from those chopped into concrete is amazing, requires complete rip-out of shower enclosure at a cost, ok if you dont mind say in 6-12 months maybee?,/./.
ood lick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Installing a shower tray... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

D
Pipes for thermostat shower have been fitted at different heights. Any way of rectifying without ripping all tiles. So for clarity 15mm pipes...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the...
Replies
Views
Just started gound work on self build bungalow and wondering best way to do below ground soil pipes. For toilet I was going to go straight down...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock