Search the forum,

Discuss Issue with joint coming apart in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

We have a shower drain which has a slip joint nut. The pipe keeps coming detached, leaving the nut and washer in place/attached, as you can see in the photo (towards the top). Would PFTE tape help with this? I presume not, as the nut itself is still attached.. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0276.JPG
    IMG_0276.JPG
    265.8 KB · Views: 14
Thank you both. I can actually just pull the pipes apart, even after doing it up (complete with nut, hard plastic washer and the rubber olive. I've ordered another rubber olive (even though this one looks fine) and will see if that helps.

Right size? Both marked as 40mm (or 1.5")?

Though if you can pull them apart, then the pipe could probably do with clipping, or being longer.

Both 2". Good. Try not greasing the inside of the new conical seal 'olive' when you fit it. I usually do lubricate mine with silicone grease, but it's not ideal if you are relying on the olive to hold it all together.

Let us know how it goes.

The rubber should fit right onto the pipe correct ?

Reply to Issue with joint coming apart in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, The kitchen sink in the property we are renting drains really slowly, and I was hoping to remedy or alleviate this with some educated advice. In addition to draining slowly, the sink also back fills when the washing machine pumps water out. I have had the initial undersink work...
Replies
Views
Need some advice, neighbors sewer drain keeps blocking up every few months. My wife and I have always chipped in with the other three neighbors for unclogging tho we never experience ours clogging up. Sure we had it clog up once and had it blown out with high pressure water from local plumber...
Replies
Views
Hi, I hope someone can help. I’m hoping this isn’t a permanent problem. We’ve converted a gravity vented hot water system, into an unvented indirect hot water system to improve pressure in the house. The previous cylinders are in the loft now they’re in the garage next to the boiler. We...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise coming from my copper water pipes when no water is being used? It basically sounds like the noise you hear after the water shuts off when your toilet bowl...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, Baxi Ecoblue System boiler which was recently serviced just before Christmas. There has since been a constant but slow drip coming from the black nylon plastic drain plug at the back of the boiler which is accessible from the underneath. It does not appear to be from the thread...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock