Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Just been made redundant - help needed with portfolio in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

beesley121

Hi guys,

unlucky for me, but ive just found out an hour ago that i have been made redundant. i have 4 children to support. i worked for company that was in charge of the maintainance for wetherspoons pubs. I did alot of plumbing work for them on a commercial scale and enjoyed this but I decided i needed a change! so asked my boss if i could do a gas course, paid for by myself (over 3k) and then work with one of the gas safe lads. he was happy for me to do this but i took a huge paycut and lost alot of other things but it wasnt a concern as i knew i was going to obtain a better future for me and my family by doing this.

Problem is, i began the gas course about 5 weeks ago and was in the process of building up a portfolio so i could do my ACS exams. Problem is this is no longer the case a would like to appeal to any gas safe engineers in the northwest region (may even travel further) to allow me to help them, totally free of charge labour, on any gas jobs they do, wether it be installs or services. im very handy and willing to listen and learn. i would be extremely greatful. if you can help in any way, shape or form, please get in touch

thankyou for your time

Brian

sorry to hear about your job (i know the feeling), there are companys who provide help with filling out your portfolio, they cost about 900+vodca and tonic. it tacks about 4 weeks, hope this helps.

thanx for the info but as i have no money coming in, £900 is a bit out of the question considering ive just spent over 3k 5 weeks ago!!

Got made redundant a few weeks ago myself, its pants i know. A firm I used to work for was bought out by a firm based in London called Kinetics. They are buying up loads of medium sized business' all over the country - It might be worth looking them up as they have bought a few firms round my way (Birmingham) - so they may have bought up round by you. Its a long shot but it may be worth a try.

Good luck with your search

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Just been made redundant - help needed with portfolio in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock