Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Landis & Gyr RWB2 and RWB2E Heating programmer in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All.
My RWB2 heating controller appears to have died - cant turn off the heating circuit either by thermostat or controller
So I acquired an RWB2E controller with, the bumf says, has a common baseplate. But actually the RWB2E simply does not fit into the RWB2 baseplate (or at least I cant get it to fit - should it?).

So what does common baseplate actually mean?

More importantly can I assume that if I simply move the wiring across to the equvalent terminals all will be OK? - the wiring diagrams look similar but since it is clearly not an exact replica baseplate, I worry gently!!
Thanks for any information

CT13 Heating Landis + Gyr.jpg

It should fit yes. If it doesn't you can in theory swap it like for like (wiring).

Check whether or not you need 10 or 16 programmes. If your old RWB2 programmer will allow the CH and DHW selector buttons (off twice once on) to slide independently (so you can slide CH across without it dragging DHW with it, then you need 16. If sliding the CH also drags DHW, you need 10.
Check the gravity switch too. I think there's a 10-16 switch and a pumped/gravity switch on that?

Hope that makes sense.

Have you bought a second hand one there or is it new?

It should fit yes. If it doesn't you can in theory swap it like for like (wiring).

Check whether or not you need 10 or 16 programmes. If your old RWB2 programmer will allow the CH and DHW selector buttons (off twice once on) to slide independently (so you can slide CH across without it dragging DHW with it, then you need 16. If sliding the CH also drags DHW, you need 10.
Check the gravity switch too. I think there's a 10-16 switch and a pumped/gravity switch on that?

Hope that makes sense.

Have you bought a second hand one there or is it new?
Thanks for this.

Clearly I need to try a little harder to get it to fit - I have so far been unable to get the two lugs to slot into the holes at the top.

It was 16 positions before so I must set that again (and the instructions suggest 10 works for gravity, 16 for pumped)

Second hand - claimed unused (and looked it)

I will not be reunited with the challenge until Wednesday so I will try again then and report back

If the old backplate is still on the wall loosen the backplate fixing screws slightly to give you more room to slot them in
Thanks
Yes tried that. its in a pretty dark place so it was hard to see but . . . . .
they appeared to line up Left and Right so presumably its a front and back problem. I am there again tomorrow so will try harder!!

Thanks
Yes tried that. its in a pretty dark place so it was hard to see but . . . . .
they appeared to line up Left and Right so presumably its a front and back problem. I am there again tomorrow so will try harder!!
OK So I eventually got the controller to fit on the existing baseplate. And at least I can now turn CH off and on but the room thermostat seems to have no effect.
Evidence: Radiators Cold, Room thermostat set to 0; Turn CH on at controller and radiators get hot.
Thermostat works OK. It clicks as it is dialed above ambient temp. Multimeter shows Yellow and Red go open circuit when it clicks.

OK So I eventually got the controller to fit on the existing baseplate. And at least I can now turn CH off and on but the room thermostat seems to have no effect.
Evidence: Radiators Cold, Room thermostat set to 0; Turn CH on at controller and radiators get hot.
Thermostat works OK. It clicks as it is dialed above ambient temp. Multimeter shows Yellow and Red go open circuit when it clicks.
Any suggestions as to what might be wrong and how I can fix it?

Reply to Landis & Gyr RWB2 and RWB2E Heating programmer in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi. I'm new to this forum and just looking for some advice if someone could please help. I'm trying to fit a Drayton smart heating system and I'm...
Replies
Views
D
Hi, We moved into our house last year and our current central heating set up is: Boiler: Vokera Mynute HE system boiler Thermostats: 2x Robus...
Replies
Views
AFAIK the boiler is set to fully pumped. (The switch inside is on fully pumped), however the pump is only running while the boiler burner is...
Replies
Views
Hello members, Does anybody know how to wire a nest heat link to an Evinox HIU? I know I need to replace the room module/thermostat with the...
Replies
Views
Hi Just had a new boiler system and smart programmer fitted (salus IT500) Plumber wasn't to sure if the stat was wired correctly as he wasn't...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock