Discuss Leaking Toilet Ball Valves in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

ray1960

Hi All

I wonder if any of you experts can help.

My house is about 13 years old and has 3 toilets all of which at times suffer from the ball valves leaking.

This can be as much as twice a month. However after cleaning out the valve it then works fine for a time.

On every occassion the reason for them leaking was due to very thin curly type wire preventing the valve to seat.

This wire has also been noticed in the kettle so its coming out the cold feed.

I have asked a few plumber friends however they have no idea.

Has anybody come a cross this before and have any ideas whats causing this.

This has been going on for years so you can understand why I am so frustrated.

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks Ray

Possibly copper shavings from a deburring tool which were not removed? I'm assuming your house is plumbed in copper and not plastic.

Hi Ray and welcome.....do you have an inline limefighter or similar on your incoming main anywhere?....regards Turnpin:54:

Thanks to you all for your speedy reply.

They are mains fed and yes I have a limescalefighter on the incoming main.

Thanks

Ray

Ball valves are terrible, i hate them. Look at them the wrong way and they will spray in your eye...spawn of the devil

LMAO......3 toilets in one house? thats more than we got in our street!!! get a plumber in ya tight sod!!!

Obviously some kind of inline mesh filter breaking down on incoming mains after stoptap, bet its that limescaler jobbie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Leaking Toilet Ball Valves in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I fix what I can around the house myself and have fixed a few toilets but I need help with this one. This toilet keeps running and stopping...
Replies
Views
Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the...
Replies
Views
Suddenly my downstairs toilet stopped filling this week, I suspected a blockage in the filter or cistern itself, however after removal of...
Replies
Views
Hi there I fitted a Sanicompact 43 about10 years ago. A few years ago i noticed that it would intermittently activate in the middle of the...
Replies
Views
Hi Just had a new bathroom installed with a toilet bowl that reaches the back wall. Its has a bottom entry cold feed to the cistern. The fitter...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock