Search the forum,

Discuss Looking to hang punch bag from ceiling in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JD89

Alright ladies & gents.

I'm looking to hang a punch bag from the ceiling problem is that the joists running along the ceiling are poor in size, I was thinking if I cut out a square section of ply and screwed some timbers to the ply then to the joists it would strengthen that area and allow me to hang the bag and use it without much noise.

I hung a bag before by screwing into the joist itself but the fat bird next door kept complaining about the building shaking when I used it (semi-detached)

Thoughts? Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
would not risk it if the joists are poor,i know they cost a bit more but the floor mounted ones will resolve the issue

I got a 'slam man' and I filled the base with water yet every time I hit it the whole house shakes so it's even worse... had to syphon all the water out of it the next day :(

Build internal frame stabilized off walls and ceiling. Test by getting bird next door to swing on it.

4x2 timber making a hangmans noose screwed to the wall Will do the job

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Looking to hang punch bag from ceiling in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I don't work now due to being ancient. I looked at a 'Range cooker' fired on kero. It had a slow leak that turned into a bad leak in a month! It...
Replies
Views
G
I hope someone can shed some light. Boss Lady bought a bath that weighs 27 stones for our loft conversion and I have been lumbered with the job...
Replies
Views
bennygas
B
D
Hi from a newbie, Apologies for the long post but I'm never sure how much info readers want, anyway here goes. I've decided to get on and revamp...
Replies
Views
M
Will work for FREE! Hello, I am looking to get taken on by a gas engineer in London or surrounding areas. I am currently doing my ACS training...
Replies
Views
eddiebrown424
E
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock