Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Macerator noise in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

james123123

Have a client putting a loo and macerator in upstairs conversion of garage... he's worried about the noise. How niosey are loo macerators? Also a separate macerator for the shower and in the kitchen washing machine and sink. 3 macerators in total? Who produces the quietest macerators?
THANKS for any comments.
:)

macerator ar not that noisy i have fit a number of them and have found saniflo's are the best you can get one that will do the loo and the shower, they also make one for washing machines to cope with the soap. have a look on the saniflo website for the correct applications
Saniflo macerator pumps

The plan is to put the macerators in the garage below the first floor annex to reduce the noise... a distance of about 2-3 meters.

1 macerator for the loo, shower and basin= bathroom
1 macerator for the washing machine kitchen basin= kitchen

We'll use the Saniflow ones you mentioned...

My question is how can we plumb it from these appliances to the macerator in the floor below? Won't the macerators need to be closer to the applicances????

Any comments gratefully recieved...

THANKS!

i'd check the saniflow website as "uug197h" suggests. You should be able to find technical support page which will give detailed info on all the regulations regarding pipe runs etc.

i have only fitted 2 or 3 in my time. Not that noisy at all but i thought the toilet pan had to back on to the macerator. shower waste pipe etc can be run to the macerator but again, im unsure of the maximum run length allowed, if there is one.

The most important aspect is ensuring you have the macerator waste pipe runs leading to the soil pipe correct. The macerator pump will only pump so far vertically and so far horizontally so it can definatley affect where your gonna place it.

washing machine one is more to cope with high teperature waste water from washing macheens and dishwashers

Macerators site behind the pan unless you want a big mess at a later stage, 3 appliances and a requirement to site it in the room below.. just buy a room sealed comercial pumping station it will work out cheeper in the long run beleive me....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Macerator noise in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Just started gound work on self build bungalow and wondering best way to do below ground soil pipes. For toilet I was going to go straight down...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock