Discuss Maincor pipe systems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Toxygene

Has anybody used Maincor pipe out there yet? We used some recently on quite a big job and have had leaks on some of the crimped joints. Maincor don't seem to have any answers as to why the joints were leaking. They had passed a 6 bar test and started leaking a couple of weeks later on the flow and return. Also the hot and hot return had a few too. I'm wondering if there is a heat expansion fault on some of the fittings. Thanks in advance if anyone has ideas.

It's a cheap rip off of Uponor

What sizes did you have the leaks on? Im doing a big sports centre at the moment, 1st time using it. Everything about it feels cheap. Having to clip quite close together as it cant even support its own weight. Using 5m "Straight lengths" but it still looks like its snaking like F**K. I hate that they have brought a product out where the sizes don't match those of copper.

You have to go once size bigger than normal as the bore is reduced because of the fittings.

They dont do all reducers/reducing T's to the sizes you want so you find your self reducing to reduce again :S

Im using all sizes with most of it in 50mm, arms are killing from trying to push the fittings on on my own even though I have reamed the pipe out and silicone sprayed it up slightly.

Haven't tested yet and not looking forward to it now :(

All I can say is good luck mate. I'd never touch Maincor again. The pressure test we did (air and water) held, but the problems came with heating and cooling. Once we got the system up to full heat every time it was cooled joints seemed to start leaking. The fittings have now been changed apparently. I think the O rings are bigger now. I did everything I was meant to, bevelling and cutting the pipe straight and still had problems. We ended up ripping the whole lot out and replacing it with copper, huge costs!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Maincor pipe systems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I am probably being unduly paranoid here but I noticed under our kitchen sink that there is some corrosion evident on a small section of...
Replies
Views
I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
Not exactly a plumbing problem but here goes. I have known for a couple of years there was a water leak somewhere between the water meter, on our...
Replies
Views
Hi, Short version: I have about 4" of pipe sticking out of a concrete floor in a cupboard. It makes a 45-degree bend as it exists (bent, not with...
Replies
Views
A
Hi, I am replacing a leaking push fit flexi tap connector under the bath with a compression fitting flexi. The problem is that the old pipe seems...
Replies
Views
Back