Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Mains water flow rate 2 litres lower than the rate the boiler can heat. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

coldboiler

If the flow rate at your cold mains tap is 12 liters per minute measured with a measuring cup and you get a combi gas boiler that can heat water at 14 liters per minute what effect will it have on the boiler?

I may be able to upgrade the mains lead water pipe at some time which would increase the water flow, but if I can't do it straight away what difference will it make?

But water will be hotter as boiler can lift 14 lpm by 35c so 12l by about 41c?

(14/12)*35

It's not a problem.

What will be a problem is if you're only getting 12l/m through the stoptap, and running a cold tap starves the boiler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Mains water flow rate 2 litres lower than the rate the boiler can heat. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I have quite low flow rate for my electric shower (a piddling 5L/min), and would like some tips or advice about how to solve or find the...
Replies
Views
Essaboy
E
Background I have a small one-bedroom flat in the roof space in a victorian house. There are three floors below and each floor has a single...
Replies
Views
Background 24 apartments are equipped with thermal stores of (100 to 150 litres) with immersion heater capability. Individual demand of each...
Replies
Views
Hi, Just checking I'm not talking rot. Today I visited a house with a Baxi 228 combi boiler. The technical spec for the DHW output is shown in...
Replies
Views
Hi, We have a Kinetico 2020c HE Water Softener, fitted in 2008 in our loft to the cold water tank in a vented system with a conventional boiler...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock