Discuss Measuring flow and pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

GasmanxxxR1

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
What tools do you guys use when quoting for an unvented cylinder, I have the usual weir cup and pressure gauge, i also have a dynamic pressure hozelock thingy.

All items seem to give different readings on the same water supply.

Is there anything out there you can recommend.

Im looking at you Billy, who seems to be the tool guru at the moment

imgres.jpg
+
imgres.jpg
cured but effective !! No good for pressure though.

Time of day can make a huge difference. Peek demands in the area can change your readings considerably.

Normally advisable to measure when custards demand high and not in a Saturday as industrial pricesses may be off line. Try between 5 and 7 week nights.

Flow rate = a 2L plastic bottle and a stopwatch. Does the job very well so why spend more on fancy stuff I say.

Pressure = a pressure gauge with a garden tap connector.

Or 3/4 flex off of old power shower , attach to hot and cold at. Washing Machine outlets ?

just be aware of the check valves on the valve your connecting to.

What im trying to work out is what l/m at what pressure. The standing pressure is 3 bar and the flow rate is 25l/m. However waht pressure is the water when it is flowing at 25l/m?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Measuring flow and pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Non-professional / knowledgeable person here. I'm a Brit in Romania who volunteers for a charity building an old peoples home for needy old...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I have the following system boiler setup with a low loss header and four different circuits. I've set the boiler flow to different...
Replies
Views
Hi Could I ask for some help with a water flow rate problem. I have good mains water pressure on the ground floor. There is no tank in the loft...
Replies
Views
I recently read a post / comment whereby there was a recommendation that if you are away from your home more than 24 hours, then you should turn...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, For those who like a long read but I could rally do with some advice. Might be a bit long this. For background. A...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock