Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Mechanical clock/stat? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

macka09

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all

Am I right in thinking that if you have the stat turned down when the mechanical clock starts calling for heat, nothing will happen?

832bd060ff3b1b258db30a7d9b5aa732.jpg

91eacb10e443c8b62a3d0682c2358ab2.jpg

That's what the lady has but she wants it on a timer but also for it not to go off in the night.

If it's set on the clock to come on at 8 and off at 10 whether the stat is still calling past ten will the boiler fire up ? I ent clued up with these at all.

No. It requires both conditions to be met:

Timing on, stat calling = boiler fires
Timing on, stat not calling = boiler doesn't fire
Timing off, stat calling = boiler doesn't fire
Timing off, stat not calling = boiler doesn't fire (obviously!)

Obviously subject to the range of over-ride, boost, advance etc buttons that allow the user to override the time programme.

Recommend that you replace the old mechanical room thermostat for a modern electronic type either one with night set back built-in or a programable type, then set the existing programer heating side to constant / 24hour & let it control the heating.

Allot of new programmers will have a setback setting, so when heating goes off it actually just turns down to setback temp (16,17 whatever)
Could look at just a programable stat and leave existing timer on

Recommend that you replace the old mechanical room thermostat for a modern electronic type either one with night set back built-in or a programable type, then set the existing programer heating side to constant / 24hour & let it control the heating.

Hi Chris

Could you come round my house and explain this to Mrs S? :)

Thanks

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Mechanical clock/stat? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock