Discuss Most reliable underfloor waste connectors? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I am in the process of building a shower in a loft room. The Shower Waste water pipes have to pass beneath the shower tray and will be totally inaccessible once the shower is complete. Which connectors are likely to be the most reliable long term, compression or push fit? I have had solvent jointed, boiler condensate pipe fail, (professionally installed) so I am not wanting to use this method of connection.

Solvent weld

The reason why it’s failed on the boiler is the condense eats the glue over a period

+1 for the solvent weld. Do everything by the book and you'll be fine. Follow the instructions on the cement you use to the letter. Remember to debur the pipe after cutting it square.

Reply to Most reliable underfloor waste connectors? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I've got an issue with the shower tray not being totally flat. As you can see from the photos, it is about 7mm out at one side. It's leaning...
Replies
Views
Hi, We're in the process of upgrading 2 bathrooms in our house: the ensuite and the family bathroom. These adjoin one another. The ensuite is...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, Can anyone help? I have been searching but with no luck. I am trying to fit a Duravit shower trap which has a 50mm outside...
Replies
Views
Total refit of of bathroom. I've got a 40mm waste from the shower running beneath the floorboards to an external wall and out. Just above where...
Replies
Views
As part of a slow DIY bathroom refit I've removed the old toilet from the original location next to the soil pipe (and obviously capped off the...
Replies
Views
Back