Search the forum,

Discuss Multi fuel boiler stove pipe layout in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

patkelly67

Hi all, any advice on the pros and cons installing a multi fuel boiler stove using two taps (feed and common return) using the following three options. Hopefully the diagrams are ok, if not what additional info do I need to provide?

Option 1. No injector tee fitted, cylinder return and return from rads teed separately into return pipe, cold feed runs vertically into return pipe.

Option 2. Injector tee fitted, cold feed runs vertically into return pipe.

Option 3. Injector tee fitted, cold feed teed into cylinder return pipe before injector tee.

Heating All Scenarios v3.jpg

Thanks patrick

Last edited by a moderator:
best advice is to follow the stove manufacturers instructions initially as the first port of call. Sorry but my specs didnt let me see your diagrams:(

What happens when the cylinder stat is satisfied at 45 degrees? and the heating isnt on, or the room stat is satisifed?

What happens when the cylinder stat is satisfied at 45 degrees? and the heating isnt on, or the room stat is satisifed?
No room stat.
Circulating pump kicks in and distributes heat around rads.

You need a room stat to comply with part L of the building reg's. you also need to ensure the heat can be dissipated in the event of a power failure.

Also, this work is notifiable to building control.

These types of system should be fitted by a qualified installer. I know a lot of people are trying to save a bit of money and wood burners seems to be making a come back. The bottom line is there is as much danger in fitting this wrong as there is fitting a gas boiler. You've done your homework, but its not quite right and the above points need to be addressed.

as mentioned the cylinder will require to comply to part l of the regs, and part g.

this can normally be done using a cylinder stat, a normally open zone valve and a temp relief valve and discharge pipework. Your hetas qualified engineer can best advise you tbh.

you will probably also require hi and low limit stats on the heating system to avoid thermal shock/corrosion of the heat exchanger.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Multi fuel boiler stove pipe layout in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello folks I've moved into a property last month and started to note things that may need looking at. Some of the radiators on the ground floor aren't getting very hot, I've had a few passes of balancing to no avail, In light of the above, I took a look down in the subfloor yesterday to take...
Replies
Views
Hi All This is following on from thread I made a few days ago but can't seem to find I'm in a bit of a bind with my CH design where I want to sort all of my rads and do some other bits including fitting a filter but I'm stumped on how to drain down due to how the system is put together...
Replies
Views
I have recently moved into a house with a central heating system that runs from oil or/and the multi fuel stove. The water gets hot and then circulates into the connect radiators but they aren't hot just warm and don't stay warm continually. Any advice get my log burner between 300-400 range...
Replies
Views
I have a Rayburn running my CH and HW, when the boiler is lit, the gravity flow works as it should rises to the cylinder and drops back to the boiler...when the cylinder is hot enough the CH pump comes on and this is where it goes wrong. The pump seems to be pushing the cold radiator water up...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have just installed a vented McDonald 250L thermal store, it is for multi fuel but currently just connected to a standard oil boiler in the garage which is fully pumped to the TS, the system has two pumps both basic 3speed Grunfoss, one on the boiler return and the other on the CH flow...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock