Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Need help getting experience! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jacob Anthony

Hi guys, I posted earler in the introductions forum regarding training to be a plumber, I was told that as well as doing my training. I would need to get experience.

Now, I am used to general labouring and am very hungry to learn but how would i go about getting experience with plumbing? Is there anyone here that can help me get some experience or point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Jacob

how about telling people where you are based, first bit of advice

Hi, I've started a course in plumbing after being made redundant, I've experience so it was a natural thing to do. I'm not sure how much I can help you though.

I started as assembly worker about £4.50 ph I think, making hand wash & dry units. First sub assemblies or packing then fitting s/a's into units, later on I was testing them.

At some point they got me making up pipe sets 25 at a time. Cut, file, clean, source parts from stock then solder. Silver soldered brass water connections with oxy-acetylene. But I was there for years.

I had some gas experience from 1 yr elec/mech engineering course but nowhere near enough to get that job.

Later on fabricating vending machines so loads more c/f/c but no jointing, plus bending pipe for water spouts.

But I was shown what the bosses wanted and in some cases trained by them.
Other than trying all plumbers in the area and work for low pay or see if you can get other training, that's the best I got.

I've worked in factories for 18 yrs and you don't want to get stuck in a job. Unless you work for them as a plumber of course.:confused:

Nice to hear from ya. I've been going to Wales for the last few years and I'm off again this weekend. I think it's rubbish what they say about the rain, sometimes it hasn't stopped until I got over the bridge that's when the sun came out. Hope it works out.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Need help getting experience! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock