Discuss New boiler with filter in a dirty system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Frankenstein

Lets say I have a new boiler installed into a system which hasn't been very well flushed (or worse - not flushed), but I install a good filter.

If I clean the filter often, will the filter be able to protect the boiler?

I know that flushing is important and I've described an unlikely scenario, but has anyone come across this situation?

at a minimum the installer should put a good cleaner in the system and do a hot flush, then run the new boiler with a magna cleanse for a few hours

Only if the filter manufacturer can guarantee a 100% pick up on first pass of water.
They nearly do claim that, but nearly won't mean dirt won't get into boiler, albeit hopefully very little.
Flushing a system won't get all dirt anyhow.

Lets say I have a new boiler installed into a system which hasn't been very well flushed (or worse - not flushed), but I install a good filter

Are you going to install a filter after the boiler has been fitted?

On the Flipside If the installer is offering a flush why wouldn't you do it??? Are you looking to do it yourself?? I say why risk the warranty get it done properly

On the Flipside If the installer is offering a flush why wouldn't you do it??? Are you looking to do it yourself?? I say why risk the warranty get it done properly

I'm not touching my system but I want to understand it.

I think that I need to clarify something:

I'm NOT going to install a boiler into a system which hasn't been flushed.

My scenario is hypothetical. How well would a filter protect a new boiler in a dirty, unflushed system?

Depends how dirty the system is. It's just a strange question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New boiler with filter in a dirty system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock