Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss New Main Service Pipe , what to use ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

woodyflyer

Hi all
have to fit a new main service pipe into my daughter house before they can move in as the old steel pipe is leaking below the stopcock and the house is on shared mains

Fitting a new 25mm MDPE pipe but have a couple of questions to comply with Severn Trents guide notes ?

1/ Service pipe passes under a foul sewer for any reason it must be ducted
(covered in a protective sheath) for a metre either side.

What can I use as a , covered in protective sheath ? does it have to be sealed both ends ?

2/ When the pipe comes into the building it has to be laid in a duct and insulated and sealed

Again, whats do I use ? was thinking of a long radius soil pipe bend and unsure what to use to seal the pipe ? end cap ?

Thanks for Any Help

Jon

We usually use soil pipe with 45 degree bends into a building. Service pipe under a sewer i would use soil pipe again .. It would be the contamination issue with regards to 1 metre either side.

if your diy then you need to get the water company to inspect it anyhow before you backfill or they can refuse to connect you up

Thanks for your help, what do i use as an end seal for the 110mm pipe ?
Regards
Jon

use blue twinwall or smooth ducting. the entire run if possible, put in pipe, slide down lagging, seal the end with sand and cement or suitable expanding foam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New Main Service Pipe , what to use ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
I have done pressure test for 2" high pressure pipe line by closing the pipe with rubber plugs at the ends. It was 3 bar and I kept it for 24...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock