Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss new shower tray onto upstairs floorboards in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

IST

I am installing a new slimline plastic shower tray onto upstairs floor boards. Does the floor need re-enforcing under building regulations? or is the just for heavy resin trays?

Hi, If you reinforce the floor? You may be the first to do so. The mass spread over the area of the tray will be far less than a double bed with two occupants. Good Luck

ok, thanks. I couldn't see the logic either, but you never know with building regs!

if its floor boards your putting it on, I always screw a 18mm piece of ply wood down, spreads the load of the tray over a greater area and helps prevent movement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to new shower tray onto upstairs floorboards in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All, I am looking to take my bath out and fit a shower. Regards to tanking. Is it ok to just seal everything with plastic rather than just...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
S
I have a brand new, unboxed shower/wet room screen from KRION purchased from Porcelanosa UK. It is the Attica 1 model, as shown in the attached...
Replies
Views
Sebastian T
S
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock