Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss New toilet fitting with flexible hose question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cmaskelyne

I am in the process of installing a new bathroom in our house as a keen DIY'er. I seem to have picked up most of the skills without flooding the house or having any major disasters (so far). I am looking for a couple of bits of advice that I cannot find in any of my recently aquired books (or off the internet) so would be grateful if any plumbers can assist.

First on is that I have fitted the toilet but due to the way the tiles were laid it was easier to cut the hole through the wall for the soil pipe about 1 to 1 1/2 inches higher than the outlet from the toilet. This means the flexible piple attached to the toilet rises about this amount before it drops outside and into the downpipe. I am guessing this will make the water level an inch higher than usual. Is this likely to cause me any problems?

As a second side question that is related to this installation I have assembled the soil stack outside and it looks fine apart from at the top I do not want to go through the soffit and roof but round the soffit and guttering. I need a bracket that will throw the soil pipe vent out from past the gutter. I cannot find one easily - could anyone advise on whether these exist and if so where I can get them from?

Does water flow up hill in your part of the world? Having the soil pipe higher than the wc outlet will only cause regular blockages either raise the wc on a plywood base untidy or sort out the soil pipe now before your missus blocks the bog.

use 45s to make an offset and get a normal pipe bracket and tie it together with a piece of galvanised wall tie used by brickies to hold down wall plates to make a cheap support or buy a standoff bracket from a merchant.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't forget the top wants to be 1m above the height of the eaves and terminate with a bird cowl.

You may be able to get away with 1 inch difference without risk of blockages - you will need an offset pan connector.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New toilet fitting with flexible hose question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock