Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss New Vaillant flues in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

wattsie1987

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Whats everyone else's opinion on the new Vaillant flue? I think it's total pap the terminal looks like a dog muzzle and not being able to fit the external collar after fitting the flue is a right pain. I've been told that the plume kit bow needs 45ing back to Wall because the terminal sticks out so far.Other than possibly trying to prevent water ingress can't see why they've done it. There no seam on the outer flue which is a plus but other than that it's terrible.

So you can't make good the flue hole?

Not really unless you fit the flue long so the collar can be pulled forward made good then be pushed back.( I hate flues that aren't perfect length) Not read MI's yet Haha but just seems stupid!

You unclip the original terminal and clip the plume kit terminal in. The original flue needs to be the correct distance off the wall within reason. If it sticks too far out you will need 45s to bring it closer to the wall. Ive never had a problem with them.

You unclip the original terminal and clip the plume kit terminal in. The original flue needs to be the correct distance off the wall within reason. If it sticks too far out you will need 45s to bring it closer to the wall. Ive never had a problem with them.

How do you go about making good the outside mate?

The plume kit can be put on an existing flue. Just take the rubber collar off and pop the dimple bits to release the terminal. There should be no making good needed.

The only awkward thing is getting the old terminal off the inner duct. A screw driver usually works to prize it off.

you got a pic of the flue wats?

The plume kit can be put on an existing flue. Just take the rubber collar off and pop the dimple bits to release the terminal. There should be no making good needed.

Your talking about the original flue mate the new one has a plastic collar and a screwed terminal it's a totally different design. The collar can't be removed from the flue over the terminal hence the making good issue. The plume kits totally changed too even the clips have offset fixings.

Last edited:
Is that the flue i have seen lately on new builds with the snorkel thing on the end?

DSC_0825.jpg

DSC_0824.jpg

DSC_0826.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_0826.jpg
    DSC_0826.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 25
so the collar wont slip over the flue (birdcage) ?

so you have to take the birdcage off (two screws either end) and slip the center and birdcage off as well?

I just fit the collar to the flue and fit the flue then pull back the collar to make good. It would be a nightmare bricking round it though! If you do what you said it will pull the inner flue out with the terminal. Stupid design they should of just kept the rubber collars. The cage part of the terminal covering the air side snaps very easily too! Slowly going off Vaillants had several under warranty go wrong now!

i have load of rubber collar in the garage i will be fitting them

I cant understand why these companies change a perfectly good system to a rubbish one. Someone in the design department will get the bullet if there are enough complaints. Is the collar rubber or semi rigid?

I cant understand why these companies change a perfectly good system to a rubbish one. Someone in the design department will get the bullet if there are enough complaints. Is the collar rubber or semi rigid?

So rigid it barely slides on the flue!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New Vaillant flues in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

G
Having purchased a new build, the current boiler flue terminates flush at the wall, the vented spent fumes from the boiler flue is within 300mm of...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just noticed a damp patch around where my boiler flue exits through to outside wall along with a rusty colour around the collar of the...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Looking for a bit of advice on the best way to pipe this. - 24kW Worcester regular boiler in kitchen, approx. 9 years old - unvented...
Replies
Views
We built our detached house 23 yrs ago, having a Vaillant Thermocompact boiler with a Megaflo tank, and it's been excellent. The boiler sits in a...
Replies
Views
I am a reluctant LL of a single property, with a boiler on the second floor that needed an internally fitted flue terminal due to height...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock