Search the forum,

Discuss Pipe inserts in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Carnegie

I am replacing my old shower mixer valve, etc, and propose to replace it with an Aquilisa 'exposed valve' using their easy fix bracket which has 'push fit' pipe/supply connectors. The shower hot & cold feeds are supplied via flexible grey (marked 'Hepworth UK Barrier pipe') 15mm polybutylene (PB) pipes (in good condition).
In fixing the pipes to the new bracket connectors, do I need metal inserts or will standard PB inserts be okay? Also, whilst water is off, will standard 'push fit' stop ends be ok until I fit new bracket which will probably be a day or two later - I will fit the pipe inserts before placing in stop ends? I have an unvented high pressure system. Sorry if this is a bit basic for the expert plumbers!

Can you get the old inserts out? If they are stuck in, dip the pipe ends in boiling water to loosen them. If not then you should be OK with Polypipe Polyplumb (black plastic) inserts but the new type of Hepworth inserts wont be compatable.

Push fit stop ends will keep the water in but make sure there are inserts in the pipe ends.

Can you get the old inserts out? If they are stuck in, dip the pipe ends in boiling water to loosen them. If not then you should be OK with Polypipe Polyplumb (black plastic) inserts but the new type of Hepworth inserts wont be compatable.

Push fit stop ends will keep the water in but make sure there are inserts in the pipe ends.

Thanks for that but can I just clarify your comment - currently, the pb pipes are fixed to the mixer valve with a compression joint which i will obviously undo when I remove old valve. I assume there must be inserts already in the pipe ends. That said, I will have to shorten the two supply pipes for re-positioned new valve and I presume I'll just have to fit the new inserts, as you recommend? - thanks for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pipe inserts in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have Honeywell Valencia TRVs 10mm pipe size, I’m making mods to accommodate larger rads and it looks like the 10mm compression insert is special to Honeywell as all available inserts are 15mm to 10mm which do not fit as the compression nut has a 10mm hole, not a 15mm. Anyone know if you can...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon fellow plumbers I’m new to this site, I’m just after some advice please. So I have a customer who needs his old stopcock replacing, it’s black pipe coming up into the stopcock and then 15mm after, the black pipe is actually screwed to the bottom of the stopcock, I assume the...
Replies
Views
Think I know the answer is no but asking just in case. I have a solvent weld bathroom waste with lots of connectors in it that disappears into the wall with a right angle connector. There is no place to break into it to connect up a new arrangement for a new sink. So does anyone make a...
Replies
Views
hi all i hope you are all well i'm planning to install my shower mixer on Saturday. today i was doing a dry fit and i wanted to show you some photos and questions. i'm using fast fixing brackets. i was wondering what length do i cut the pipe to? also my shower bar mixer has these cone shaped...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Have got an old 60/70s PVC soil stack, the Toilet is going into a Hunter branded socket which has an old O-ring design (quite flat with 3 or 4 ribs on it). It's painted in a fetching pink/purple colour in the photo. Tried to revive it with some grease before inserting a short length of...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock