Discuss Please can someone tell me what this stuff in my pipes is?? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

20210913_165035.jpg

Is there a water softener or filter system in the property?
Is the water source Well / Borehole, Spring, Utility mains or other?
Did this come through the taps?

Tell us what we are looking at. photo from a different angle may help plus pipe from where to where.
Hi, this is inside the pipe under the kitchen sink. Had a plumber today and he vacumed this out as a sample. See other photo's. The management company are threatening us with eviction for causing this.

Attachments

• 20210911_114347.jpg
    20210911_114347.jpg
    374.1 KB · Views: 45
Tell us what we are looking at. photo from a different angle may help plus pipe from where to where.
This is the sample the plumber took and put inside an empty water bottle. Soft water area. 2nd floor apartment.

Attachments

• 20210913_191102.jpg
    20210913_191102.jpg
    222.6 KB · Views: 42
  • 20210913_191119.jpg
    20210913_191119.jpg
    241.9 KB · Views: 29
Hard to tell, but looks like grease and fat buildup, especially given the water colour - which you would be liable if you pour any used fat down the sink, eg fat from pan frying animal foods.

Reply to Please can someone tell me what this stuff in my pipes is?? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I have a kitchen mixer tap which allows the top part to pull out as a hose (like american sinks). It has frayed and I need t replace it, can...
Replies
Views
I have recently moved house.it appears the shower drain has become blocked and there is no inner cup to remove and clean. I believe the waste is a...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hi guys, first post here So I have been boxing in a number of heating pipes that are throughout my garage since the boiler was located there by...
Replies
Views
I need to cap off a water connection which is the water pipe connector to an M15 hose pipe from a kitchen sprayer tap. I have included images so...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock