Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss please help- gas pipes in communal areas in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

njh82

Hi

We have to replace our old lead pipe from meter to boiler with a bigger 22mm copper pipe. Problem is that the first few feet run from meter under the floor into our hall floor flat. According to our plumber this requires steel clad piping and will cost up to £800 to do?

someone mentioned tracpipe might be an alternative....any ideas or are we just faced with a huge bill?

you mention communal area and under your hall so you need to clarify, however tracpipe is a substitue for copper and cannot be used where steel pipe is required, whatever you need tracpipe wont be a "cheaper option", gas pipes run in stairwell in communal building cannot be exposed copper,

i am sure he is correct with the type of pipe, steel gun barrel

why not get a couple of quotes from other gas registered installers:)regards turnpin

why not box it in, make sure it meets building regs fire resistance requirements though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to please help- gas pipes in communal areas in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock